Monday, August 11, 2008

A New Hobby? Maybe!

Tonight was my first crochet class... I signed up for this class several months ago, it's three sessions, three Monday nights in a row... tonight was session one. We learned how to make chains and stitches... Ugh, talk about awkward! I was actually making chains and doing stitches by the end of the evening, but it will take LOTS of practice to get comfortable with it.. I plan to spend a couple nights, at least, this week, sitting and working on it some.. hopefully by next week's class, I will feel more comfortable with it.

In the last few months, Dennis and I have been trying to learn to play bridge. My mom is an awesome bridge player, and my stepfather, although not quite as good a bridge player as she is, plays pretty well too. I've been wanting to learn for years, and never took the time, so now Dennis and I have been trying to learn that.. I'm taking on lots of things that I HOPE to find new hobbies in eventually, although right now, they are very frustrating. Bridge and crochet at once - yikes! Both are challenging and taxing; yet I know that if I end up learning both, I'll enjoy them!

Tomorrow night we attend another cooking class at the Fleur de Lys cooking school on Millwood. We enjoy those - that is Dennis' big thing - did I ever mention that HE is the real chef in the house? Can I pick 'em or what? He LOVES to cook and is QUITE good - I've told him many times he really ought to attend chef school just for the heck of it! Anyway... we have been attending cooking classes at Fleur de Lys with Chef Francois for about two years now - lots of fun! We always order a bottle of wine, sit back and enjoy the cooking demonstration, then enjoy the meal! Now we just need to start TRYING some of the recipes! We haven't been to Francois' cooking class for three months now, so I'm looking forward to returning! Bon Apetit!

1 comment:

The Muldrows said...

You are a busy lady, Leslie! That's so exciting you're learning to crochet and play Bridge. You'll be a pro at both in no time!