Sunday, June 13, 2010

Another Weekend Over - A Little Closer to "The Big Day"

Well, another weekend has ended... the past week was fairly uneventful... worked a little, was on call a couple days, got some more transcripts done and sent into my office. Last Monday night, June 7, was my monthly Girls Night Out gathering.. this month, we went to Hennessey's downtown.. an awesome place... we had the biggest group we've had in a LONG time. I was excited to see so many newcomers attending - and a few ladies I haven't seen for awhile.

I made some comments in the past week to a few people about just how much this Girls Night Out means to me... I started the group myself about seven years ago with just a small handful of friends. It started out as something very different.. but has grown incredibly. Friends started inviting other friends, and so on ... now newcomers join us every month. Friends invite friends.. then THOSE friends invite other friends... ad infinitum. We get together and have the BEST time. I have made so many incredible friends myself through this group, just from others in the group inviting friends of theirs that I did not already know. It's been such an incredible blessing in my life.. I'm so glad I started this... and it's been such a smashing success. There are some awesome ladies in the group I would not have ever met or otherwise known, if it had not been for this. I look forward to our gatherings every month.

The rest of the week was pretty quiet... worked a couple days, on call a couple days... A couple of things I had planned for the week sort of fell through.. I had intended to go to Corked to the De Vine Divas wine tasting on Wed. night, then to the movies with a couple friends to see Sex and the City - but that fell through at the last minute, due to some conflicts... we will try again soon and if we can't get together to see it before my surgery, we'll have a gathering later on when it comes out on DVD and watch it then. A couple other things that I had planned to do this past week in the evenings fell through too, and I ended up changing a few plans around. The weekend has been pretty quiet - yard work for Dennis, a little house work for me... it was just WAY too hot this weekend to get out and do much of anything.


Every day that passes brings me closer to my "big day" - July 2 and surgery again. I have a lot of mixed feelings - I'm not at all looking forward to all this. On June 30 and July 1, two days in a row, leading up to the surgery, I have to have some tests/procedures done pre-op that my doctor wants me to have done. So starting July 30, I'm not going to have a very good time... that will be a rough week, ending with my surgery early in the morning on 7/2. BUT at least it will be over then, and I'll be on the road to recovery! So I'm not looking forward to going through all this but looking forward to getting my surgery over with and being better and getting back to my normal life once again... getting rid of these symptoms and this recurring infection and feeling GREAT again. That will be awesome.

In the meantime, for the next almost 3 weeks, I just plan to spend time with my family, see several friends, do a little more work, and get myself ready for the big day. My last day of availability for work is 6/22.. I have told my office I can't work any more after that date until my recuperation period is over... I will have to catch up some transcript work before I go in the hospital and do a few other things, so I need to be off after that date... I AM looking forward to celebrating Dennis' birthday - first next Sunday, which is his actual birthday, with lunch and the State Museum (hopefully) and then dinner out somewhere. Then on 6/23, with several friends in the Vista. That will be a fun time, a great chance to celebrate with friends, and see a few people before I'm out of commission for a few weeks again. Got a lot to "cram" into the next 3 weeks! Or 2 and a half, really. But I think I'm up to that challenge!

No comments: