Sunday, June 27, 2010

The countdown begins!

Well, I'm just a few days away from "the big day" - Surgery Day! Amazingly, at this point, I'm not really feeling nervous... a little anxious, perhaps - but not really nervous... of course, if you ask me on Thursday night if I'm nervous, it may be a different story... I just think that my docs have been SO positive about everything being very fixable, and it hasn't sounded like it would be the ordeal I've been through before, so I'm not feeling quite so nervous about it... Mostly, just want it OVER with.. almost GLAD that it's staring me in the face now, because in just a few days, I'll have it BEHIND me finally, and can start recuperating and getting back to normal!

I'm not one that likes to have my normal life interrupted, so I'm just ready to get on with this thing and have it DONE. I've got places to go, people to see, things to do, etc., etc., so I need to get on with it, get this thing done, and get over it.

This past week was a good one... I finished up the work I had outstanding, so now I have my desk cleared. I went out of work again this week for surgery, until after I've recuperated.. so I have the next couple days free to just do "whatever." Last Wednesday we had a gathering of friends at Blue in the Vista - to celebrate Dennis' birthday, and a chance to see a few friends before heading to the hospital. On Thursday night, my Girls Night Out group - about 18 of us - gathered for the monthly Ladies Night at Capital City Club - a great time was had by all.

I had planned on joining a couple friends this coming Monday night at Mo-Mo's Bistro - but alas, have been "grounded" now... I caught what appeared to be a bit of a bug this weekend, a slight fever and some stomach discomfort... feeling okay now but "grounded" for fear of getting out in crowds and catching anything right before surgery.. that would be disastrous, because it would mean postponing the surgery - and I do NOT want that! I want it over with!

But it was wonderful to see some friends last week and have a good time. Now I just have to pack a bag for the hospital, and then get through a couple of rather grueling days of pre-op tests - some x-rays and a colonoscopy (fun, fun!) on Wed. and Thursday.. then home Thursday after that is over, to rest up for surgery on Friday... I honestly dread Wednesday.. and Thursday morning... more than the surgery itself. Uncomfortable tests are NO fun... and the PREP for the tests is ughhh. But once all that's over with then I just have to get through the surgery on Friday... and hopefully by lunchtime on Friday that will be over, I'll be in my room resting... and hopefully by Friday night will be propped up watching TV.

I appreciate the prayers, thoughts and good wishes that have come my way from so many wonderful friends... It's ALMOST over.. and soon I will be getting back to my normal life.. I will have some catching up to do the end of the summer... I look forward to getting out by the pool a little bit and heading to the beach at the end of the summer, and hopefully making up for the stuff I have NOT been able to do so far.

Love to all!

No comments: